A BALBOA PARK HOTEL (4 miles)
Located just a few minutes away from the Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Old Town, Balboa Park is a San Diego must-see, and ranked as one of the Best Parks in the World. The Park is home to 15 major museums, several performing arts venues, lovely gardens and many other cultural and recreational attractions, including the San Diego Zoo. With a variety of cultural institutions laid out among its 1,200 beautiful and lushly planted acres, Balboa Park is the nation's largest urban cultural park.
Top Five Museums to Visit at Balboa Park:
- Japanese Friendship Garden of San Diego – The Japanese Friendship Garden is an expression of friendship between San Diego and its sister city in Yokohama, Japan.
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center – Consisting of interactive exhibits, eight galleries and traveling exhibitions, as well as Southern California’s only IMAX Dome Theater.
- San Diego Air and Space Museum – A historic collection of air and spacecraft including a replica of Lindbergh’s Spirit of St. Louis, the actual Apollo 9 Command Module and the only real GPS satellite on display in the world.
- San Diego Natural History Museum – Features fascinating exhibitions and a giant-screen Dolby Digital 3D Theater.
- Veterans Museum and Memorial Center – Honors the men and women who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, Coast Guard and Wartime Merchant Marine.
Things to Do at Balboa Park:
- The Old Globe Theater – One of the country’s leading professional regional theaters and San Diego’s flagship art institution.
- Spanish Village Art Center – Consists of 37 working artist studios and galleries.
- House of Pacific Relations International Cottages – A consortium of houses that represents 32 countries.